How do I record a video of my screen?
Included with the latest MacOS Mojave update is a new feature allowing you to record video of your screen as well as take screenshots with the MacOS screen capture tool. If you’re running the latest version of MacOS, here’s how to do it.
- Press Command + Shift + 5 to bring up the screenshot toolbar.
- Decide whether you want to record your whole screen or just a portion of it and click the respective button. If you chose the latter, you will then need to select where you want to record, otherwise the recording will begin immediately.
- When you have recorded everything you want to, click the Stop button to halt the recording.
As part of the new version of MacOS, when a screenshot or recording is taken, they appear as a thumbnail in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Click it and choose a save location.
Mac & Windows - Using QuickTime
- Download QuickTime
- Select File and choose New Screen Recording.
- To decide whether mouse clicks and sounds appear in your recording or not, click the small, white arrow and select the appropriate options from the drop-down menu. This menu also lets you decide what camera to use if you have multiple cam options.
- When ready, click the red record button.
- You’ll need to select what you want to record. To record the entire screen, click once anywhere. To record only a portion of it, click and drag a box and then click Start Recording.
- When finished, navigate to the menu bar and click the stop recording button designated by the square symbol. Alternatively, if you have one, tap the appropriate symbol on your Touch Bar.
- To save your recording, click File, then Save, and choose an appropriate save location and name for the recording.
This article provides some methods to record videos right from your desktop.
You can use the following Video Capture apps that you can download for free on Google Play:
AZ Screen Recorder
- Download and launch the App
- Select the Record option, and you’ll be asked to confirm the screen recording.
- Once started, you can stop the recording by swiping down on your screen and tapping the Stop button in your notifications.
- Download and launch the App.
- Mobizen will place a small “air circle” icon on your phone screen, and will run you through using it.
- Once you’re ready to record, tap the floating button, choose the record (the camera icon only takes screenshots) icon to start recording. This will create a three-second countdown and then recording will begin.
- The air circle will remain on your screen (but will not be recorded as part of the video). Select it again and hit the pause icon to pause the video whenever you need to. The upper button features a red stop button when recording, and you can select this at any time to stop the video.
- Stopping the video will launch a pop-up that allows you to view the video. If you want to edit your creation, choose this (viewing your video will always be an option from the app as long as you have it saved).
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply on gray record icon and tap Microphone.
- Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- Open Control Center and tap red record icon. Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
Go to the Photos app and select your screen recording.
Have more questions? Submit a request